The Basic Policies

The Basic Policies

Postby aipsylon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Admitance- Deathlords disallowed, Realm DBs disallowed.

"I believe there was still some discussion on the matter of the viability for deathknights and the fae to enter the city. If the party has changed his mind on the topic then we can put that to rest, else I suggest that we vote in the same policy for deathknights as we did the fae and move on to other topics."

He pulled out several rolled pieces of parchment, handing one to each of them. Upon it was a nicely formatted list of topics for discussion:

1. Procedure
a. The formation of a position of first speaker to conduct meetings of the council. This will lead to establishment of needing to be recognized by the first speaker before speaking. This allows the meeting to progress in an orderly fashion. The first speaker will also call for a vote when it is ready.
b. Topics for a single vote, majority, 4/5ths, and unanimous vote.
c. Enactment- There needs to be a way for the laws to be visible to the public.

2. Exceptions- Since we have a list of those only allowed in by exception it would be wise to determine how they are allowed into the city. My suggestion is a simple majority vote.

3. Slavery- The issue of slavery has come up and there are a few topics related to it I would like to bring up
a. Will residents be allowed to have slaves
b. Will slaves be allowed in the city
c. Will slave be set free if they make it inside the city.

4. Employment - Service to the city of 2 years in some fashion required beginning on the day an individual reached 16 years of age, or within 6 months of arriving in the city if one is older.
a. Military
b. Public Works
c. Law Enforcement
d. Education
e. Other

5. Council Accountability - While asking around this came up a number of times and several limits were suggested to make the council accountable to the people of the city in a way that the council of entities is not.
a. Terms
1. Length
2. Appointed or Elected
b. Removal
1. Inactivity
2. No competence.
c. Maximum number of terms

6. Currency What standard will we use?
a. Silver- This is my suggestion
b. Salt
c. Jade
aipsylon

Re: The Basic Policies

Postby Dark Phoenix » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 pm

1: Warden thinks that the basic rules or organization are acceptable

2: i have written up policies that I will suggest normally banned individuals must follow and will submit soon

3: I say that slavery be disallowed inside the city and any territories under its administration. In addition, human slaves that make it into the city are free. I say human because I dont wish to address sorcerously bound spirits or other similar situations at this point.

4: Seems fine to me. I feel the individual should chose the field they work in and if they are found to be acceptable after a few weeks trial period (acceptable by both citizen and their supervisors) then they can continue.

5: Not sure on this.

6: Silver. But I am curious what the representatives of Lookshy and ARA thinks.
Dark Phoenix

Postby admin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:19 am

Maheka Carn's Votes and Answers*****

Admittance- Deathlords disallowed, Realm DBs disallowed.

"I believe there was still some discussion on the matter of the viability for deathknights and the fae to enter the city. If the party has changed his mind on the topic then we can put that to rest, else I suggest that we vote in the same policy for deathknights as we did the fae and move on to other topics."

He pulled out several rolled pieces of parchment, handing one to each of them. Upon it was a nicely formatted list of topics for discussion:

1. Procedure
a. The formation of a position of first speaker to conduct meetings of the council. This will lead to establishment of needing to be recognized by the first speaker before speaking. This allows the meeting to progress in an orderly fashion. The first speaker will also call for a vote when it is ready. ( agreed)
b. Topics for a single vote, majority, 4/5ths, and unanimous vote.
c. Enactment- There needs to be a way for the laws to be visible to the public.

2. Exceptions- Since we have a list of those only allowed in by exception it would be wise to determine how they are allowed into the city. My suggestion is a simple majority vote.

Before an exception is allowed into the city, the exception must be allowed in by majority vote, then once it has achieved that number in votes, it will be subjected to taking an eclipse bound oath.

Fae are in no way allowed to feed on citizen of the city even if they offer of their own free will.
Death Knight restrictions need be considered more thoroughly.
Question: What are pro's or con's in allowing them to move freely
Strange feeding habits like fae
Special living arrangements?

3. Slavery- The issue of slavery has come up and there are a few topics related to it I would like to bring up
a. Will residents be allowed to have slaves No!
b. Will slaves be allowed in the city No!
c. Will slave be set free if they make it inside the city. Yes!

4. Employment - Service to the city of 2 years in some fashion required beginning on the day an individual reached 16 years of age, or within 6 months of arriving in the city if one is older.
a. Military
b. Public Works
c. Law Enforcement
d. Education
e. Other
Agreed, and are considered a full citizen of the city once they have served their term. Which gains them a home within the city's territory

5. Council Accountability - While asking around this came up a number of times and several limits were suggested to make the council accountable to the people of the city in a way that the council of entities is not.
a. Terms
1. Length 2 years
2. Appointed or Elected Appointed
b. Removal
1. Inactivity 3 council meetings/ votes
2. No competence. Vote of no confidence can be instigated by any council member and takes a vote of at least 3
c. Maximum number of terms 3 terms/non consecutive

6. Currency What standard will we use?
a. Silver- This is my suggestion
b. Salt
c. Jade

Silver, but some form of currency needs to be figured out until trade begins for the citizens of the city.
“I am Shakti, as well as Shiva. I am everything male and female, light and dark, flesh and spirit. Perfectly balanced in one single moment lasting an eternity...”
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tycon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 am

Loke's responses section by section.

a. "This is likely a good idea, but perhaps it would best to establish a set of guidelines we hold ourselves to before enacting anything official. That way we can see what works and what doesn't without any actual ramifications."
b. "This may be necessary later on, however right now I believe all decisions by the council should be unanimous, besides a handful of noted exceptions."
c. "My suggestion would be designating a room close to the council chambers as an archive where transcripts and of the sessions can be viewed, and decisions noted. Beyond that designating various spots around the city where decisions will be posted for easy viewing."

2. "Just to be clear I am fine with a simple majority vote to allow various Dynasts, Fae, and Deathknights into the city under decided upon restrictions. Other exceptions to decided upon laws should still require a unanimous vote."

3 and 4. "I agree with what Councilor Warden has said on these matters so far."

5. "All decisions of this matter directly affect the council, and therefore with the exception of when they are enacted they shouldn't be modifiable by the currently sitting council. Because of this I think we should hold off on all decisions on these matters until we are sure we are ready to start making choices we won't be able to change without the assistance of whatever outside body we deem necessary."

6. "Silver seems fine and would make trade with Nexus easier."
Tycon

Postby A.R.A » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Policy concerning Deathlords, Deathknights and Fair Folk is acceptable thus far.

1. Procedure
The position of first speaker should be agreed upon by a query of the council members, everything else stated about this position I find acceptable.
Topics - I am unsure as to what the question is here.
Enactment- A public placing of laws should be decided upon, new laws should be posted when enacted.

Exceptions- Majority vote concerning exceptions is logical.

3. Slavery-
Slavery should not be allowed within , or sold within the city or any territory overseen by The City of Denandsor in any shape, form or fashion, furthermore, should a slave seek sanctuary from this city, it should be extended to them. Slaves who seek sanctuary should be given the protection of the city citizenship should they so choose.

Employment -
I am unsure as to what this would mean in the context it was presented therefore I will need to speak to Dark Warden again so as to have these things explained in their entirety.

I am unsure as to how to answer the question of "Council Accountability" as such a position for a Champion is unheard of in our culture. I will need to speak to Dark Warden in order to come to some decision on this section of the Policies.

Currency
The currency in use in the region is Silver. Logic would dictate that the City of Denandsor should utilize the same currency standard.
The Pity Train, has derailed at the corner of "Move On and Suck it Up" and crashed into "We all have problems" , before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It".
A.R.A

Postby Tycon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 am

(Continuing to try and solidify things that are mostly agree upon and speed up other stuff. As of right now the following seems to be the case:

1. There is no complete agreement here.

2. This is topic is nullified by others.

3. At the very least we all agree human slaves disallowed inside the city and its territories. And human slaves that make it into the city are free.

4. There is some confusion/dissagreement here.

5. No agreement here.

6. Everyone seems to agree on Silver.

To that end I propose the following come into effect unless states dissagreement within the next 48 hours.)

A. All human slavery is disallowed inside Denandsor and its territories, and any human slaves that make it within such are deemed free.

B. Silver will be the official currency of Denandsor and its territories.
Tycon

Postby Dark Phoenix » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:25 am

These seem agreeable to warden
Dark Phoenix

Return to Closed Council Business (Public)