Restrictions

Re: Restrictions

Postby arlais » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 am

-the of course comes to the meets and warden and loken are both handed the following notes

-Laws are needed for people to move in, people need law and order as it = secrity and they will not be abused by the exalted. also insures exalted have rights as well and know they ar not allowed to mess with the goverment and city without punishment.
arlais

Postby Moriar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:32 pm

A letter written in the River tongue of trade, sealed with a perfect helix of 5 strands in silver wax. The letter itself has a watermark of a large scythe fading into wind.-

By Nirguna we must exert our will. May its empty flame guide you to truth.
By Dharma may we erode the falsehoods that others evoke and be aware of our own ignorance.
By that shall not be named may law and order cascade thought this city and may the identity of the council’s will be known.
By Nirvikalpa may we look to our greaters and ask for guidance, may we look to our lessers and ask for support, and may we look to our equals and ask for assistance.
By Nishkriya may those that appose your will fall like trees to a storm, may they find peace in our mercy.
By Nirupadhika may your reach be known and the city shall know its place.

The council must serve its people and bring peace and safety to those that demand it. We must all sacrifice freedom for unity and peace. We are all part of a whole, whether we like it are not. Our interactions with one another, for good or ill, define the sea of culture in which we all must swim. Through our diplomacy, civility and the value of our oaths, we strengthen our unity and degrade our barbarous enemies. May your laws guide this city to a greater good and not serve unto the privileged few.

If you wish for my assistance then look to the one known as Night Blossom. She may lead me to you.

I am here to assist
Moriar

Postby Dark Phoenix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 pm

In response to declaring Dynasts Fae and Deathknights enemies of the state.

These latter two have at many times shown their enemity towards creation. This is especially true with Fae during the Balorian crusade and many deathknights I have spoken to have declared the supremacy of death over life. It would be absolutely foolish to allow these individuals into our city without rules and regulations in place to assure that they were benign. As for dynasts. I have personally been hunted by the wyld hunt and the dynasts are enemies with the Lookshians. They could very well mean the new city ill so they too must be watched.
As for the hearts grace. The only time I feel it would be requested is for problematic fae who continually cause troubles but whom do not yet deserve higher level punishments.
As for inciting striff.. this is in regards to actions taken by individuals obviously meant to stir up problem such as preaching that one should kill all non blooded beings of power or inducing madness in groups. I very much feel that this will be coded into our new laws but again as those laws are not yet written, this is an attempt to ensure that the individuals who find themselves on the list can enter sooner rather than after all the rules and regulations of the city are formalized. These rules and regulations will assure some level of protection in the meantime without keeping them out in the cold.
As for your final point. When I say magics I mean essence or glamor fueled or originated effects. Charm use and sorcery use namely specifically aimed to influence themind of another. Making yourself awe inspiring beautiful would be included as would more targeted magics.
As for your final point
“I simply ask that you consider what is said from a logical view, and not by who said it."

I ask that you strive to avoid such statements in the future as it implies or can be interpreted to imply a bias in the council in such events that we do not agree with your suggestions. Thank you Mr. Revels in Conflict.

*rubs eyes and lights a cigar*
Dark Phoenix

Postby Tycon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:36 pm

As he thought more about what all was said Loken wondered more about the best way to get a quick and effective, finally speaking again once the floor was clear, "Hearing everything that has been said, I am becoming more convinced we are going about this the wrong the way. We should come up with an oath that is general enough that any citizen of the city could take it without issue, and let the laws handle the specifics. To that end here is what I propose, all citizens of the city should take the following oath:

'I swear to follow all laws of Denandsor and its territories, as well as the decisions of the council of Denandsor for as long as I am within its borders.'

Or some variation thereof. Citizens of any restricted group should simply only have to take the same oath with magical reinforcement, like having an Eclipse administer the oath, as deemed nessecary.

And before anyone takes such an oath we should enact the basic laws that have already come up in this disscussion, namely:

A. All who reside within the city of Denandsor or its territories shall:
1. Not enter sensitive military or government areas without permission of the council.
2. Not gather intelligence on the city workings or layout without permission of the council.
3. Not use magic or other supernatural ability to effect the mind of another without permission of the council.
4. Not attempt to incite widespread strife or begin any kind of uprising against the lawful government of Denandsor.

B. All Fae who reside within the city of Denandsor or its territories shall:
1. Not feed on anyone while in the city of Denandsor or its territories, willing or not.
2. May feed on ambient emotions in the air.
3. Conduct themselves in ways so that they minimize public disturbance when possible.

C. All Deathknights who reside within the city of Denandsor or its territories shall:
1. Swear that they are no longer loyal followers of the neverborn, deathlords, or any other creatures of darkness.
2. Not enter central food/potable water storage areas or areas where large populations of children or pregnant women congregate.

Passing these laws now would handle the goals of the restrictions you stated, while still only requiring a simple oath be administered to those wishing an exception to the restrictions, and giving us the freedom to make changes as the need arises. Obviously many more rules and laws need to be added to the first section but that would be a disscussion for another time. On the topic of Heart Graces, from what I am hearing it sounds like it would be best if requesting them should be located in an area on crime and potential punishments as a special measure for Fae.

Finally..." Looking mostly at councilor Carn as he spoke, "If we are going to have oaths we wish to be administered by an Eclipes, it may be wise not to execute the only one currently living in the city."
Tycon

Postby A.R.A » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

I have listened to the discussion on this subject and admit that I was confused about a lot of the issues at first, but as the talks have proceeded I believe that the proposal Loken Ryo has suggested has merit and should be considered.

Also. It would be foolish to execute the one citizen who can administer the required oaths.
The Pity Train, has derailed at the corner of "Move On and Suck it Up" and crashed into "We all have problems" , before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It".
A.R.A

Postby aipsylon » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Can we all agree that any that wish to petition the council and are not on the restricted list may do so and may enter the city given a majority vote until such time that procedure can be codified at which point they will need to submit to whatever this council decides or leave?
aipsylon

Postby Dark Phoenix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 am

My thought was that if you were not on the restricted list you could enter wtihotu problems. You just got to obey the law like anyone else.
Dark Phoenix

Postby Tycon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

"Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we mostly agree on my most recent proposal. So shall we all vote to set it in place, with the addition that any member of the restricted groups, Dynasts, Fae, and Deathknights can petition the council to be allowed to live in the city, only needing a majority vote to approve them? This would get some basic laws on the books, and have this matter complete enough that we can focus on other issues."
Tycon

Postby aipsylon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 pm

"Dynasts were not allowed, they choose to be what they are and would cause problems while here, other than that, though I do not have a vote I do agree."
aipsylon

Postby Dark Phoenix » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 am

Dynasts were put on the list... That is what I remember. *calls for minutes of the meeting to be read*
Dark Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Closed Council Business (Public)