CURRENT IC DATE AND SEASON

Talk about anything relating to the AoE game right here.

CURRENT IC DATE AND SEASON

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 am

First, I'm going to start by explaining the days, weeks, months, and seasons. This guide will make it easy for anyone to calculate the present IC date, know the season, and everything in between. I am going to add a reply, which will occasionally be updated, to serve as a reference point. Every real life day covers to IC days. That said, if I post on X day that the IC date covers Y and Z days, then you can simply count the days since that post, compare to the IC calendar system, and know exactly where everything lies.

Don't worry. I'll make this simple. I spent enough hours on this, so that no one else has to stress out. :)

To begin, every single month is 28 days. These months are broke down into 4 weeks, each being 7 days long. Every single month begins on 1 and ends on 28, with the first day being a Sunday, and the last day being an Earthday. There are no leap years. It is this way every single month of every single year, in both the calendars of the Old Realm and the current era.

The first and third weeks of each month have the following days of the week:
Sunday, Moonday, Marsday, Mercuryday, Jupiterday, Venusday, Saturnday
The second and fourth weeks of each month have the following days of the week:
Sunday, Moonday, Fireday, Waterday, Woodday, Airday, Earthday

Now that we've covered the structure of the days of the week in every given month, before I actually lay out the order of the months of the year, I need to turn the focus to seasons:

The way that the calendar works out, the first month, second, and final months of the year are Autumn. Every other season is clumped together in groups of three months. Although the last month of the year is part of Autumn, it is also the hottest month of the year. There is an additional season between Spring and Summer; it is called Growing Season. After the last month of the year, and before the first month of the year to follow, there are the five days of calibration. This is not a season. It simply is. Autumn comes both before and after Calibration.

Now that I've explained the odd way that this is laid out, I'm going to list all of the months of the year in their order. Following the name of each month, I will list the season. Again, each month has the exact same structure of days, as described above.

Ascending Air - (Autumn)
Resplendent Air - (Autumn)
Descending Air - (Winter)
Ascending Water - (Winter)
Resplendent Water - (Winter)
Descending Water - (Spring)
Ascending Earth - (Spring)
Resplendent Earth - (Spring)
Descending Earth - (Growing Season)
Ascending Wood - (Growing Season)
Resplendent Wood - (Growing Season)
Descending Wood - (Summer)
Ascending Fire - (Summer)
Resplendent Fire - (Summer)
Descending Fire - (Autumn) - Still, it's the HOTTEST month of the year!
---Five Days of Callibration---

For those who might be curious, the site opened on 1-December-2009. Tracking the IC days (2 days per real life day), I worked out this little table that tells you how far we've come along thus far (at the time of this post), with the assumption that our launch day was (in line with the cannon of the books) Sunday, 1-Ascending Air, Realm Year 768:
Opening day of site, per Bast: 1-December-2009 - correlated to 1 & 2 Ascending Air, Realm Year 768:
RY
768 ends 1-July-2010
769 Starts 1-July-2010 ends 29-Jan-2011
770 starts 30-Jan-2011 ends 31-Oct-2011
771 Starts 1-Nov-2011 ends 31-May-2012
772 Starts 31-May-2012 ends ?

As you can see, we're presently (at the time of this post) a few years past the opening date of the books. For reference, on this, the morning of Thursday, 18-October-2012, the IC date is first Earthday, 28-Ascending Wood, Realm Year 772, and it's playing through Sunday, 1-Resplendent Wood, Realm Year 772. It marks the beginning of the third and final month of Growing Season.

I will occasionally make updates. Between now and when I make the first necessary update (to keep counting the days simple and prevent it from being a chore), just add 2 IC days per the number of days that have passed between the most recent IC date given (for now, this one, above), and you'll have the current date. If you are still confused, flag down staff, and we'll help.

ALSO WORTH NOTE:
Crescent moon first shows on the second of each month.
Magister Cimmerian

Re: CURRENT IC DATE AND SEASON

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:56 pm

On the previous update, the RL day was Saturday, 8-December-2012. The IC dates were Jupiterday, 19-Resplendent Fire, and Venusday, 20-Resplendent Fire, Realm Year 772. The season was Summer. Fourteen real life days have passed, which is 28 days in game.

As of today, Saturday, 22-December-2012, the following applies:

Present IC dates: Jupiterday, 19-Descending Fire, and Venusday, 20-Descending Fire, Realm Year 772.
Present IC season: Autumn (first month of the season/hottest month of the year)
Next IC season to month: N/A - ((wait for it - plot devices await...))

FIVE DAYS OF CALLIBRATION
==> Will Occur On: <==
Tuesday, 25-December = 01 Calibration, Realm Year 772 / 02 Calibration, Realm Year 772
Wednesday, 26-December = 03 Calibration, Realm Year 772 / 04 Calibration, Realm Year 772
Thursday, 27-December = 05 Calibration, Realm Year 772 / Sunday, 01-Ascending Air, Realm Year 773
Magister Cimmerian

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:16 am

On the previous update, the RL day was Friday, 21-June-2013. The IC dates were Mercuryday, 19-Ascending Fire, and Jupiterday, 20-Ascending Fire, Realm Year 773. The season was Summer. Twenty-eight real life days have passed, which is 56 days in game.

As of today, Friday, 19-July-2013, the following applies:

Present IC dates: Venusday, 20-Descending Fire, and Saturnday, 21-Descending Fire, Realm Year 773.
Present IC season: Autumn (although this is the
HOTTEST month of the year!)
Next IC season to month: Autumn (after Calibration is out of the way)

IC days until Calibration: 8
Real life days until Calibration: 4 (it begins on Tuesday, 23-July-2013) and runs for five IC days (3 real-life days)
Earthday, 28-Descending Fire, Realm Year 773 - Tuesday, 24-July-2013
Calibration 01 - Tuesday, 23-July-2013
Calibration 02 - Wednesday, 24-July-2013
Calibration 03 - Wednesday, 24-July-2013
Calibration 04 - Thursday, 25-July-2013
Calibration 05 - Thursday, 25-July-2013
Sunday, 01-Ascending Air, Realm Year 774 (The Day After.../New Years' Day) - Friday, 26-July-2013
Moonday, 02-Ascending Air, Realm Year 774 - Friday, 26-July-2013
Magister Cimmerian

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:55 pm

On the previous update, the RL day was Monday, 5-November-2013. The IC dates were Airday, 27-Ascending Earth, and Earthday, 28-Ascending Earth, Realm Year 774. The season was Spring. Twenty-six real-life days have passed, which is 52 days in game.

As of today, Monday, 16-December-2013, the following applies:

Present IC dates: Moonday, 23-Descending Earth, and Fireday, 24-Descending Earth, Realm Year 774.
Present IC season: Growing Season
Next IC season to month: Growing Season
Magister Cimmerian

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:28 pm

On the previous update, the RL day was Monday, 16-December-2013. The IC dates were Moonday, 23-Descending Earth, and Fireday, 28-Descending Earth, Realm Year 774. The season was Spring. Twenty-two real-life days have passed, which is 44 days in game.

As of today, Tuesday, 7-January-2014, the following applies:

Present IC dates: Sunday, 15-Resplendent Wood, and Moonday, 16-Resplendent Wood, Realm Year 774.
Present IC season: Growing Season
Next IC season to month: Summer
Magister Cimmerian

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:59 pm

On the previous update, the RL day was Sunday, 7-January-2014. The IC dates were Sunday, 23-Resplendent Wood, and Moonday, 16-Resplendent Wood, Realm Year 774. The season was Summer. Eleven real-life days have passed, which is 22 days in game.

As of today, Tuesday, 7-January-2014, the following applies:

Present IC dates: Moonday, 9-Descending Wood, and Fireday, 10-Descending Wood, Realm Year 774.
Present IC season: Summer
Next IC season to month: Summer
Magister Cimmerian

Postby Magister Cimmerian » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:11 pm

This list is now defunct. I will be erasing every reply between the first post and this notice. This thread will remain, but only to point you where you should look from now on:

http://ageofexalted.net/wiki/index.php?title=Calendar

NOTE: In order to match the date with the automated one, it was decided to retcon the current season. This is a one-time adjustment, and other than the active season and its weather, no other adjustments are required.
Magister Cimmerian

Return to In-Game Chatter