Custom Charms and the Database

Anything not related to the game, and general tomfoolery.

Custom Charms and the Database

Postby Kavaar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Recently I have been able to have a look at the database and make a few fixes, but also decipher it to be able to add new charms to the database, there have in the past been one or two custom charms that have been added to the database, but not all of them. This post will keep an update on what splats have had their charms added to the database, once this is complete I will endeavour to add any newly approved charms to the database as they are wikified. As an additional not, if you are taking a charm that you designed through the database, add that as a note in the mentor field so that you may learn it instantly as with all custom charms, the time taken to hammer it out in the customs forums counts as you training for it, but only the original poster gets this concession.

Current Progress of Customs from Wiki
Solar charms - Completed
Abyssal charms - Completed
Lunar charms - Completed
Sidereal charms - Completed
Dragon-Blooded charms - Completed
Raksha charms - Completed
Alchemical charms - Completed
Sorcery charms - Completed
Martial Arts charms - Completed
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Re: Custom Charms and the Database

Postby Kavaar » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:47 am

Solar Charms are now complete, before I move on to Abyssal Charms, please FPM me if you have any custom charms on your sheet already and I will update your sheet so that they're listed in the correct place.

Charm Fix - Master Horseman's Techniques, this was split into 5 charms in the database, but I have changed this to only one as the options in the charm are not additional charm purchases and only cost 2xp per additional option. Anyone who had these charms on their sheets have already had the sheets updated for this charm (no other charms were updated on those sheets, if you have custom charms still, please FPM me).
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Kavaar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Abyssal charms have now been completed, any abyssals who have custom charms on their sheets are welcome to FPM me their character's names so that I may update their sheets (Abyssals ONLY, I will get to the other charms in time, please be patient, I will always post an update when a new splat has been completed.)
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Kavaar » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 am

The Lunar charms and Knack have now been added to the database, as above if you have these on your sheet, FPM to update it for you.
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Kavaar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:18 am

Sidereal and Raksha Charms have been added to the database, noticed that the Raksha Forging the Way Grace wasn't in the database either and this has also been added.
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Virtueboy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:49 am

Kavaar -- will Marble Mastery and Swallowing the Lotus continue to require manual intervention by the staff? If so, do you folks prefer tat we submit charms/degrees with discounts as experience requests, or post them on the database normally and request a refund?

Thanks for all your hard work!
--Wimpy Non-Staff Non-ST Player Voice -- Player of http://www.ageofexalted.net/wiki/index.php/Klarette_Lifeguide
Virtueboy

Postby Kavaar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:08 am

personally I prefer doing the discounts retroactively, it's a faster fix on your sheet than having to add the charm/degree manually - Part of the issue is timing for MA charms - if I see a charm in the xp request thread I still have to wait the normal training time out, and sometimes I forget to come back to the request, this creates frustration for the players, if you train it through the database it will be added to your sheet in a timely fashion and we can action your refunds when we see your request instead of having to put it aside for a couple days.
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Kavaar » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:22 pm

As RL got in the way there was a little bit of a delay on this one, however, Dragon-Blooded Charms are complete.
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Kavaar » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:58 am

I have now finished entering all pre-existing custom charms into the database and will endeavour to enter new charms once they have been wikified.
ST OOC Voice
Kavaar
Site Admin

Postby Creos » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:29 pm

You are a wonderful, awesome person.
Creos

Return to OOC Chatter