Database Issue

Anything not related to the game, and general tomfoolery.

Database Issue

Postby Epiphany » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 am

I've had difficulty using the Database for submitting a character. Using Firefox, once I've built part of the character, certain parts (like stats) will no longer allow me to modify them. Worse, once I leave the sheet, if I attempt to edit it in the future, I receive this error: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\exalted\components\com_openexalted\openexalted.helper.php on line 1734

Trying to access these sheets through IE Explorer doesn't even get that far; it just tells me it's unable to display the page.

I've been able to verify that selecting 'Air Aspect Outcaste' for my Caste seems to cause the issue. The sheet is viewable and editable until that option is checked. I haven't experimented with picking other options, however.

I've confirmed that I can fill out a sheet with everything but splat-specific backgrounds and Charms. Everything else seems to work. As a workaround, I could store both in Miscellaneous Entries if that's what the administration would like me to do.
Playing: Ava Spyefel - Air Aspected Healer

Writing: Epiphany's Collection of Stories, Exalted fiction: 4 books, 39+ stories.

Hours:
6pm-11pm PST M-W, F.
1pm-11pm PST Sa-Su.
5am-8am PST All days by appointment only
Epiphany

Re: Database Issue

Postby admin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:35 am

IE is a huge problem for programmers. I spoke to Dev and he says that it should work as long as your IE is updated to IE version 8.

As for the error, it was a problem with the Aspects for DB and is fixed now. Thank you so much for bringing my attention to this error.
“I am Shakti, as well as Shiva. I am everything male and female, light and dark, flesh and spirit. Perfectly balanced in one single moment lasting an eternity...”
admin
Site Admin

Return to OOC Chatter